Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Importance of Date Night

I have said it before, and I will say it again, date nights are one of the most important things you can do to keep the spark in your marriage alive. Popular culture assumes that marriages become monotonous with age. They can become that way if neglected, particularly in the dating area.

Now, women like to be pursued, but so do men. If your DH isn't planning dates, then it is perfectly acceptable to take matters into your own hands. It takes work to be intentional about dating your DH. You need to make a plan, then execute it. Your plan can be as little as "Hey, I would love to go on a date with you!" and let him plan it all to you planning the entire date. But, it is so worth it and your efforts will be rewarded - the improved communication and increased "warm and fuzzy" feelings for him. Even if you only go out together once a month, or once every other month, do it. The best thing you can do is go out in public, loving your DH up, letting the world know that marriages can be anything but monotonous.

On our date last Saturday night, we went to see the movie "Fireproof." It was great - very well done and sparked lively conversation between us. We highly recommend it. I can't stress it enough, make a plan, date your husband and reap the rewards!

BTW, I love the song from the movie called "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns. (Monday, I had to download it to my iPod because I kept hearing it in my head.)

No comments: