Monday, December 1, 2008

Homeopathy...works for us!

The reason I use homeopathy as the main way to treat my family is because I am allergic to several different antibiotics. I needed to find alternatives for treating myself and my family so as to not rely on them. I have done a lot of research in this area and find that the method really does work, especially when used at the first sign of illness and taken in the right way. I have trained the children to tell us as soon as they are just beginning to feel sick...slight sore throat, slight runny nose, or just feeling "off." It was hard to train them to do this because they don't like to be sick and don't like to be missing out on anything fun. Does anyone? I told them if they wait till the next day or wait till it gets worse, that is almost too late to treat them homeopathically. They are very good about it now.

In preparation for winter and it's various viral maladies, I review my remedies that I have on hand, purchasing those that are low, as we tend to use certain remedies as our first choice of treatment. Some remedies I wouldn't be caught without:

  • Arnica montana 6x - tablets and gel...I usually have this in my purse for bumps and bruises at the playground
  • Hyland's Teething Tablets
  • Hyland's Eararche
  • Hyland's Sinus
  • Hyland's Sore Throat
  • Hyland's Cough
  • Hyland's Bronchial Cough
  • Aconitum nap. 6x
  • Oscillococcinum - taken at first sign of flu

I keep many, many single remedies on hand as well...I also treat prophylactically meaning if someone is sick in the family or have been around someone who is sick, I will give everyone a dose of the remedy for that illness. I find that we still may get sick, but if treated quickly with the remedy, then it is not as intense, it does not linger as long and it doesn't go into a secondary infection. I have also used the Herbs for Kids brand of herbal treatments, but homeopathy works the best for us and I find it a safer way to go. Along with the remedies, we increase water - to drown those bugs - and increase vitamin C. We also take zinc lozenges as needed. Be healthy and prepared this winter!

1 comment:

Robert J. Nash said...

So now I am going to comment all the time:) Where do you get Hylands? I have only been able to find the teething tablets and c plus cold tablets at Walmart or River Market. Do you order directly from the company?

One more question...how much do you personally take of vitamin C and other remedies while nursing?

Thanks for another great post.
Love, Katie
*I can't stress enough how much you need to check out www.keeperofthehome.org. Naturally inspired living from a woman that goes to the SGM church in Vancouver, Canada.