Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where to Purchase Homeopathic Remedies...

So glad you asked, Katie..."Where do you get Hylands? I have only been able to find the teething tablets and c plus cold tablets at Walmart or River Market. Do you order directly from the company? One more question...how much do you personally take of vitamin C and other remedies while nursing?"

First, just to clarify, I am not giving medical advice, just sharing what works for our family. There are some illnesses that homeopathy does not and will not cure. That being said, I have purchased those remedies you mentioned at Walmart, River Market in Stillwater, Fresh and Natural in Hudson (they have a better selection and are less expensive then River Market ), Whole Foods Market in St. Paul, Standard Homeopathic Company, and as of today, My Lil' Store in association with Amazon.com (see link). I also belong to a United Natural Foods Buying Club where I can purchase some remedies. Consider buying the Hyland's Kids Kit. It is a great way to get started in homeopathy. This was the first kit I purchased when DD 13 was a baby. Other brands to consider are Boiron or Boericke & Tafel (B & T).

Regarding Homeopathy and Nursing...I take the remedies and I have never worried about it. I figure it is by far safer than traditional medicine. I took remedies for colds and coughs during pregnancy. I always consult my books on Homeopathy if I have any questions or concerns about anything.

Concerning vitamin C...I personally take 1000 mg Ester C every hour or every other hour for five doses. This is up from my usual 1000 mg plus whatever is in my multi vitamin. I also like Emergen-C packets of Vitamin C, B and minerals. I may take 1 of those also as a replacement for one of the doses. They are fizzy, taste good and the children like them. When the children are ill, I give DD 13 up to 3000 mg, DD 8 up to 2000 mg and DS 1 up to 500mg. You can buy vitamin C powder...add it to juice and give that way. It is sour...so, that is why I opt for the Emergen-C for them. They make a Children's Strawberry that I give to DS. Keep those questions coming!

No comments: