Sunday, November 16, 2008

Week of 11/17/08

I got my menu planned this week already and most of my shopping done for it. Yeah, I am ahead of the game!




Monday - Salmon...we love salmon so I try to fix it once a week. I will serve this with a Caesar Salad (I will marinate the salmon in some of the dressing before hand) and Lundberg Wild Rice blend.



Tuesday - Wild, Wild Pasta...this sounds so good...a new recipe I am trying out...has pasta, feta, wild mushrooms, wild rice ( I will cook a double batch on Monday), sun dried tomatoes, and some other yummy flavors I can't recall at the moment. I will add a salad and probably another veggie...maybe some roasted butternut squash and apples? I also have a new kale recipe I want to try with caramelized onions and balsamic vinegar. I may make that also...



Wednesday - Greek Lamb Saute...this has eggplant...yes, Mom, I am using a little bit! Eggplant is not my favorite, but does taste good in this dish. Zucchini will also go well with it...I may just throw it in with the rest of the ingredients for a one pot meal!



Thursday - Roasted Fingerling Potatoes (they are so cute!) with Turkey Italian Sausage and Vegetables. If I can't find the Fingerlings (and I may not be able to) I will substitute some baby red potatoes...this is another new recipe that sounded so good.

Friday - You guessed it! Pizza of the Week! This has been a tradition for DH and I before we had children and they love this as much as we do...we sometimes make it ourselves or get it from Papa Murphy's, but lately we have been getting it from Bella Mia's in Wisconsin Dells. This is the best pizza west of Chicago and east of Cossetta's in St. Paul, MN. We are so happy to have found it. We have had their veggie and cheese...and we really like the cheese.

No comments: